A fixed-price photography package for craftworkers
I was a skilled craftworker before I became a photographer. I bought my first serious camera in order to photograph my work and I've subsequently produced over one hundred photography-led articles for specialist craft publications.
With a craftworker's understanding of the importance of good photography, I've put together a fixed price photography package for craftworkers. This takes the financial insecurity out of commissioning professional craft photography, and provides pretty much all the photography a you need for good looking web and print promotion.
This package is ideal for start-up craft businesses or those who need to give their website/social media pages a revamp.
Included in the package:
And the cost?
- coming to you (up to 35 miles, then 50c per additional mile)
- a headshot — for website, social media etc
- 2 portraits of you at work — for website and web/print PR
- 2 shots of your raw materials, tools or work in progress
- a studio exterior or interior shot, depending on your situation
- 5 product shots — scoop background, or agreed alternative
- all photographs provided in high and low resolution versions
The basic package costs €400. Jewellery and glass cost a little more (€50/€70) because of the special set-ups required to show them at their best. I can provide other services such as shooting with a model or producing a short YouTube video clip for your website (€200/€400).
Want to learn to do your own photography?
I specialise in teaching craftworkers and artists how to photograph their work and I've run photography workshops for the Crafts Council and several arts organisations. I can tutor you, one-to-one, in how to get the best photographs using your existing camera, simple set-ups and improvised lighting. It costs €450 for a one-day session or two half days. Alternatively I can run a workshop for your guild or network (you can apply for GANS funding).